The general philosophy of undergraduate training in the accounting programme is to provide the students with quality education and training that will develop the mind, impart both theoretical and practical knowledge on the individual student, develop self-confidence, help to be innovative and self-reliant in the field of Accounting.
The major objectives of a Bachelor's degree programme in Accounting are to:
- To produce high level accounting personnel that can contribute to the development of accounting practice through researches and publications.
- Provide basic knowledge and skills needed for the understanding and analysis of problems relating to accounting in the management of industrial, commercial, public and other human organizations;
- Equip students with knowledge and skills of decision making; especially the analytical skills needed for recognizing, defining and solving problems;
- Provide training aimed at improving and upgrading the existing and potential manpower needed for national development.
- UTME—for admission into any of the first degree programs of the university, candidates are required to possess the following minimum qualifications: SSCE or its equivalents with credit level passes in five subjects at not more than two (2) sittings.
- Relevant subjects at GCE/IJMB Advanced level or any approved equivalents in relevant science subjects.