The programme offers courses leading to the award of Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Public Administratin and Industrial Relations and Personnel Management, which may be awarded with honours or a third class Degree. The courses are designed to give students a clear understanding of basic and advanced concepts in business administration, public administration and industrial relations and personnel management, an exposure to the practices of the field during the internship period and methodology with their applications in the analyses and understanding of the contemporary world of work.
The objectives of the Department of Business Administration are as follow:
- Provide facilities for qualitative education and training of young males and females for initial entry into management career in public and private organizations.
- Engage in research into local, national and international work environment, both in private (business) and public work environment, thereby contributing to knowledge and improving the practice of their various fields of study.
- Offer research and consultancy services to private and public organizations.
- Participation in exchange programmes for staff and students with relevant institutions within and outside the country.
- Render other services for the development of the university and society at large.