The love for music and the cultivation and development of same in the individual through perceptive listening creative performance and intellectual discourse accompanied by imagination is the fundamental mission philosophy upon which the baccalaureate ------ music programme of the Mountain Top University is based. This philosophy ----- accordance with the motto of the University to empower to excel, the programme seeks to develop the inherent musical talents in the individual so that he/she can take its rightful place in the world of music as well as in the Nigerian artistic and creative industries, entertainment in communicate the teaching profession and sacred religious institution.
The aim and objectives of the B.A. Music Degree Programme are;
- ORDINARY REQUIREMENTS
Candidates must have five (5) credits in O'Level in SSCE or NECO at not more than two sittings to include:
Candidates without Music or Literature in English but has grade 5 in ABRSM or MUSON Exams (Theory or Practical) can be considered for admission provided they meet up with requirements of five credits in SSCE or NECO at not more than two sittings.
- English (Credit)
- Mathematics (Credit)
- Literature in English (Credit)
- Music (Credit)
- UNIVERSITY TERTIARY MATRICULATION EXAMINATION (UTME) SUBJECT REQUIREMENTS
- English language
- Literature and
- Other subject in science or art.
- DIRECT ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Direct entry candidates must fill the conditions in A (above) to qualify for admission into 200 level of the program the following candidates with these certificates are eligible to apply:
- Upper credit at the National Diploma Examination or equivalent from a recognized institution or G.C.C (Advance Level) or equivalent in at least two subjects including Music.
- Upper Credit in Music at the NCE examination from a recognized institution