June 22, 2022
Mass Communication Students' Association Takes off
The Mass Communication Departmental Association was officially inaugurated in a ceremony held at the College of Humanities Management and Social Sciences’ Big Lecture Theatre on Wednesday, December 8th, 2021.
The main purpose of the meeting was to inaugurate the first set of the departmental executive members and to explain what their roles are to the student body. The meeting kicked off with the Master of Ceremony, Kosisochukwu Okereke, inviting Adebayo Fisayo for the opening prayer. Ubah Gift led in singing the national and school anthems.
The welcome address was given by Dr. Kenneth Udeh, the staff adviser, who said that the executive members have been approved by the Students' Affairs unit. The Head of the Department, Professor Babatude Oni, in his remarks, said that the executive members were not elected but selected using certain criteria and were duly approved by the Students’ Affairs Unit. Also, he emphasized that the departmental association is a way for the students to express themselves. Members of the executive and the position they occupy are as follows:
- President - Oladele, Precious Judah
- Vice- President - Moyinoluwa Jesuloba
- General Secretary - Aminu Favour
- Assistant General Secretary - Festus Comfort
- Academic Director - Gloria Bamigbaye
- Assistant Academic Director - Afeme Dorcas
- Welfare Director - Oluwafunbi Ige
- Assistant Welfare Director - Uzochukwu Shalom
- Financial Director - Okiche Chioma
- Public Relations Officer - Apeji Omeiza
- Assistant Public Relations Officer - Idaresit Oluwatoyosi
- Social Director - Tolani Ayomide
- Assistant Social Director - Osisanya Oluwapelumi
- Sports Director - Oyindamola Olawuyi
- Assistant Sports Director - Janet Olubi
- They were later led to take the oath of office by Mrs. S. F. Richard. A vote of thanks and closing remarks were given by the President, Oladele, and Precious Judah. He further explained the Executive Manifesto to the members of the department.
Some of the items on the manifesto include:
- Bringing together and organizing the department all segments of the department effectively.
- Raising the standard of academic excellence.
- Forming a partnership between the Excos and members of the department.
It is hoped that the association will be at the forefront of bringing great development ideas to the department as well as foster good relationships and collaborations between the association and its counterparts in other institutions